This page is a one-stop solution for any information you may require for SAS Certified Specialist - Administration of SAS Viya (A00-451) Certification exam. The SAS A00-451 Exam Summary, Syllabus Topics and Sample Questions provide the base for the actual Administering SAS Viya exam preparation, we have designed these resources to help you get ready to take your dream exam.
The SAS Certified Specialist - Administration of SAS Viya credential is globally recognized for validating SAS Viya Administration knowledge. With the Administering SAS Viya Certification credential, you stand out in a crowd and prove that you have the SAS Viya Administration knowledge to make a difference within your organization. The SAS Certified Specialist - Administration of SAS Viya Certification (A00-451) exam will test the candidate's knowledge on following areas.
SAS A00-451 Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||SAS Certified Specialist - Administration of SAS Viya|
|Exam Duration||110 minutes|
|Exam Price||$80 (USD)|
|Training||SAS Viya Administration: Fast Track|
|Exam Registration||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||SAS Viya Administration Certification Sample Question|
|Practice Exam||SAS Viya Administration Certification Practice Exam|
SAS A00-451 Exam Topics:
Managing a SAS Viya Environment (35% – 40%)
|Understand and administer programming run-time servers||
- Administer SAS Studio.
- Server configuration instances.
- Configure contexts.
|Administer the CAS Server||
- Manage and understand CAS roles.
- Understand CAS server configuration instances.
- CAS disk cache.
|Update a SAS Viya deployment||
- Update SAS License.
- Understand contents of software order.
- Apply patch updates.
- Understand SAS release cadence.
- Understand a use case for a mirror registry.
|Backup and restore SAS Viya environment||
- Best practices for performing backups.
- Describe the contents of a backup.
- View backup and recovery history.
- Modify backup schedule.
- Perform a restore from a backup.
|Understand and administer Viya servers and services||
- Scale servers and services.
- Understand server components.
- How to launch programming runtime servers.
|Understand SAS Viya architecture||
- Define the node pools of SAS Viya architecture.
- Provide the purpose of the supporting infrastructure services.
Monitoring, logging and troubleshooting in a SAS Viya Environment (15% – 20%)
|Monitor the SAS Viya Environment||
- Modify logging levels using Environment Manager.
- Evaluate resources available.
- Diagnose server and service problems using logs.
- Monitor CAS sessions.
- Monitor services.
- Explore system and audit reports.
|Configure CAS server and services logging|
Identity and User management (10% – 15%)
|Manage SAS Viya identities||
- Identity synchronization with identity provider: identity filtering, identity caching; configuration properties.
- Manage membership of custom groups and CAS roles (understand difference between groups and custom groups).
- CASHostAccountRequired Custom Group.
- Reset sasboot password if necessary or not required.
- Set up assumable custom group SAS Administrators.
- Set up membership to CAS superuser role.
- Modify memberships to other custom groups.
|Manage external credentials||
- Create authentication domains.
- Make a distinction between authentication domains, connection domain, and encryption domains.
- Manage stored credentials.
Content and Functionality Management (15% – 20%)
- Import content from SAS 9.
- Import content from SAS Viya 3.x.
- Import content from SAS Viya 4.
- Use EVM or the CLI tools to promote and map resources.
|Manage and secure SAS Viya Content||
- Navigate the folder content structure: shortcuts; predefined folders; child members; reference members.
- Create folders through EV or CLI; view content properties.
- View and edit authorization for folders and folder objects.
- Manage access to folders and objects (through authorization window in EV; CLI; rules page in EV); Sharing.
- Troubleshoot authorization issues.
|Administer Access to functionality||
- Modify rules in order to limit or grant more access to the capabilities of Viya applications.
- Give users, groups, and custom groups access to functionality.
Data management in SAS Cloud Analytic Services (CAS) (10% – 15%)
|Create and manage caslibs||
- Understand CAS data architecture.
- Understand loading data into CAS memory.
- Use an authentication domain in a caslib definition.
|Perform data management tasks||
- Manage CAS authorizations.
- Manage User-defined formats.
- Understand CAS table state management.
The SAS has created this credential to assess the knowledge and understanding of a candidate in the area as above via the certification exam. The SAS Viya Administration (A00-451) Certification exam contains a high value in the market being the brand value of the SAS attached with it. It is highly recommended to a candidate to do a thorough study and also get a hand full of the practice to clear SAS Certified Specialist - Administration of SAS Viya exam without any hiccups.