This page is a one-stop solution for any information you may require for SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 (A00-280) Certification exam. The SAS A00-280 Exam Summary, Syllabus Topics and Sample Questions provide the base for the actual SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming exam preparation, we have designed these resources to help you get ready to take your dream exam.
The SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 credential is globally recognized for validating SAS Clinical Trials Programming knowledge. With the SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Certification credential, you stand out in a crowd and prove that you have the SAS Clinical Trials Programming knowledge to make a difference within your organization. The SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 Certification (A00-280) exam will test the candidate's knowledge on following areas.
SAS A00-280 Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Price||$180 (USD)|
SAS Programming 1: Essentials
SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques
SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials
SAS Report Writing 1: Essentials
Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
SAS Programming in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Clinical Trials: A Practical Guide to Design, Analysis, and Reporting
Introducing the CDISC Standards: New Efficiencies for Medical Research
Validating Clinical Trial Data Reporting with SAS
Implementing CDISC Using SAS: An End-to-End Guide
|Exam Registration||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||SAS Clinical Trials Programming Certification Sample Question|
|Practice Exam||SAS Clinical Trials Programming Certification Practice Exam|
SAS A00-280 Exam Topics:
|Clinical Trials Process||
- Describe the clinical research process (phases, key roles, key organizations).
- Interpret a Statistical Analysis Plan.
- Derive programming requirements from an SAP and an annotated Case Report Form.
- Describe regulatory requirements (principles of 21 CFR Part 11, International Conference on Harmonization, Good Clinical Practices).
|Clinical Trials Data Structures||
- Identify the classes of clinical trials data (demographic, lab, baseline, concomitant medication, etc.).
- Identify key CDISC principals and terms.
- Describe the structure and purpose of the CDISC SDTM data model.
- Describe the structure and purpose of the CDISC ADaM data model.
- Describe the contents and purpose of define.xml.
|Import and Export Clinical Trials Data||
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Efficiently import and subset SAS data sets.
- Access data in an Excel workbook (LIBNAME and PROC IMPORT/EXPORT).
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets.
- Apply regulatory requirements to exported SAS data sets (SAS V5 requirements).
|Manage Clinical Trials Data||
- Investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures (PRINT, CONTENTS, FREQ).
- Access DICTIONARY Tables using the SQL procedure.
- Sort observations in a SAS data set.
- Create and modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step.
- Examine and explore clinical trials input data (find outliers, missing vs. zero values, etc).
|Transform Clinical Trials Data||
- Process data using DO LOOPS
- Retain variables across observations.
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step.
- Apply categorization and windowing techniques to clinical trials data.
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa.
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values.
- Transpose SAS data sets.
- Apply 'observation carry forward' techniques to clinical trials data (LOCF, BOCF, WOCF).
- Calculate 'change from baseline' results.
- Obtain counts of events in clinical trials.
|Apply Statistical Procedures for Clinical Trials||
- Use SAS procedures to obtain descriptive statistics for clinical trials data (FREQ, UNIVARIATE, MEANS, SUMMARY).
- Use PROC FREQ to obtain p-values for categorical data (2x2 and NxP test for association).
- Use PROC TTEST to obtain p-values for continuous data (one-sample, paired and two-sample t-tests).
- Create output data sets from statistical procedures.
|Macro Programming for Clinical Trials||
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables.
- Automate programs by defining and calling macros.
- Use system options to debug macros and display values of macro variables in the SAS log (MPRINT, SYMBOLGEN, MLOGIC, MACROGEN).
|Report Clinical Trials Results||
- Use PROC REPORT to produce tables and listings for clinical trials reports.
- Use ODS and global statements to produce and augment clinical trials reports.
|Validate Clinical Trial Data Reporting||
- Explain the principles of programming validation in the clinical trial industry.
- Utilize the log file to validate clinical trial data reporting.
- Use programming techniques to validate clinical trial data reporting (PROC COMPARE, MSGLEVEL).
- Identify and Resolve data, syntax and logic errors.
The SAS has created this credential to assess the knowledge and understanding of a candidate in the area as above via the certification exam. The SAS Clinical Trials Programming (A00-280) Certification exam contains a high value in the market being the brand value of the SAS attached with it. It is highly recommended to a candidate to do a thorough study and also get a hand full of the practice to clear SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 exam without any hiccups.