This page is a one-stop solution for any information you may require for SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 (A00-211) Certification exam. The SAS A00-211 Exam Summary, Syllabus Topics and Sample Questions provide the base for the actual SAS Certified Base Programmer exam preparation, we have designed these resources to help you get ready to take your dream exam.
The SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 credential is globally recognized for validating SAS Base Programmer knowledge. With the SAS Certified Base Programmer Certification credential, you stand out in a crowd and prove that you have the SAS Base Programmer knowledge to make a difference within your organization. The SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 Certification (A00-211) exam will test the candidate's knowledge on following areas.
SAS A00-211 Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9|
|Exam Duration||110 minutes|
|Exam Questions||60 to 65 multiple-choice and short-answer questions|
|Exam Price||$180 (USD)|
|Books||SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9, Third Edition|
|Exam Registration||Pearson VUE|
Sample Question Set-1
Sample Question Set-2
|Practice Exam||SAS Base Programmer Certification Practice Exam|
SAS A00-211 Exam Topics:
- Use FORMATTED and LIST input to read raw data files.
- Use INFILE statement options to control processing when reading raw data files.
- Use various components of an INPUT statement to process raw data files including column and line pointer controls, and trailing @ controls.
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Access an Excel workbook.
|Creating Data Structures||
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets.
- Create and manipulate SAS date values.
- Export data to create standard and comma-delimited raw data files.
- Control which observations and variables in a SAS data set are processed and output.
- Investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures.
- Sort observations in a SAS data set.
- Conditionally execute SAS statements.
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step.
- Modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step.
- Accumulate sub-totals and totals using DATA step statements.
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values.
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa.
- Process data using DO LOOPS.
- Process data using SAS arrays.
- Validate and clean data.
- Generate list reports using the PRINT procedure.
- Generate summary reports and frequency tables using base SAS procedures.
- Enhance reports through the use of user-defined formats, titles, footnotes and SAS System reporting.
- Generate reports using ODS statements.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
- Recognize and correct syntax errors.
- Examine and resolve data errors.
The SAS has created this credential to assess the knowledge and understanding of a candidate in the area as above via the certification exam. The SAS Base Programmer (A00-211) Certification exam contains a high value in the market being the brand value of the SAS attached with it. It is highly recommended to a candidate to do a thorough study and also get a hand full of the practice to clear SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 exam without any hiccups.