This page is a one-stop solution for any information you may require for SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 (A00-212) Certification exam. The SAS A00-212 Exam Summary, Syllabus Topics and Sample Questions provide the base for the actual SAS Certified Advanced Programmer exam preparation, we have designed these resources to help you get ready to take your dream exam.
The SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 credential is globally recognized for validating SAS Advanced Programmer knowledge. With the SAS Certified Advanced Programmer Certification credential, you stand out in a crowd and prove that you have the SAS Advanced Programmer knowledge to make a difference within your organization. The SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 Certification (A00-212) exam will test the candidate's knowledge on following areas.
SAS A00-212 Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Questions||60-65 multiple-choice and short-answer questions|
|Exam Price||$180 (USD)|
|Training||SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies|
|Exam Registration||Pearson VUE|
Sample Question Set-1
Sample Question Set-2
|Practice Exam||SAS Advanced Programmer Certification Practice Exam|
SAS A00-212 Exam Topics:
|Accessing Data Using SQL||
- Generate detail reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Generate summary reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Construct sub-queries and in-line views within an SQL procedure step.
- Compare solving a problem using the SQL procedure versus using traditional SAS programming techniques.
- Access Dictionary Tables using the SQL procedure.
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables within the SAS Macro Language.
- Automate programs by defining and calling macros using the SAS Macro Language.
- Understand the use of macro functions.
- Use various system options that are available for macro debugging and displaying values of user-defined and automatic macro variables in the SAS log.
- Create data-driven programs using SAS Macro Language.
|Advanced Programming Techniques||
- Demonstrate the use of advanced data look-up techniques such as array processing, hash objects, formats, and combining/merging data.
- Reduce computing resource requirements by controlling the space required to store SAS data sets using compression techniques, length statements, or eliminating variables and observations.
- Reduce programming time by developing reusable SAS programs which incorporate data step views, DATA steps that write SAS programs, and the FCMP procedure.
- Perform effective benchmarking by using the appropriate SAS System options and interpreting the resulting resource utilization statistics.
- Identify appropriate applications for using indexes and create them using the DATA step, the DATASETS procedure, or the SQL procedure.
- Compare techniques to eliminate duplicate data using the DATA step, the SORT procedure, and the SQL procedure.
The SAS has created this credential to assess the knowledge and understanding of a candidate in the area as above via the certification exam. The SAS Advanced Programmer (A00-212) Certification exam contains a high value in the market being the brand value of the SAS attached with it. It is highly recommended to a candidate to do a thorough study and also get a hand full of the practice to clear SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 exam without any hiccups.